DSE VISION 2013 (5-YEAR PLAN)
The Country’s prime and oldest capital market, Dhaka Stock Exchange, is continuing its journey through the last 54 years and to reach a new height it has set another visionary target namely DSE Vision 2013 (a 5-Year Plan). Through adopting this mission and target-based approach DSE virtually heralds its arrival into the new era of serving the country’s economy, industrial sector and overall mission with a catalyst role. The Committee of DSE Vision 2013 (5-Year Plan) of DSE sat together on January 04, 2009 and opted out the following conspicuous points to be achieved by the above-mentioned time frame.
- Market-based Targets
- To increase the market capitalization to US$ 30 billion.
- Market Capitalization to GDP ratio to be increased to 35%.
- Daily trade volume to be increased to Tk 2,000 crore.
- To expand trading facilities to the door of investors.
- Through facilitating the process of introducing Book Building Method fundamentally sound and good companies should be enticed to get listed into the bourse.
- Introducing financial to broaden and deepen the capital market.
- Bond market to be activated to increase the depth and dimension of capital market.
- Institutionally Internal Visions
- To create a skilled and trained human resource team for DSE who will carry out the responsibilities and will be shouldered with all sort of duties to discharge with efficiency and professionalism.
- State-of-the-Art Technology in IT Infrastructure to facilitate the automated trading activities faultlessly, which will ensure the accountability and visible transparency.
- To set up an effectively On-line based National Clearing House; aiming to bring more transparency in trading financial instruments and to reduce time lag.
- To review the Necessary Rules and Regulations (particularly Settlement Regulation 1998 and CDBL By-laws.
- Investors’ Interest Protection
- To lay time-bound emphasis on protecting the interest of investors to bring dynamism and more vibrant participants in market.
- To give more emphasis on Investors’ awareness program for the sake of educating them properly.
- Information dissemination and active strategies to reduce the degree and dimension of rumors.
- Other targets of the Vision 2013 are SEC-DSE Joint Collaboration and Contribution to Country’s Economy.