Facilities for Non-resident Bangladesh investors by dse
- Non-resident Bangladesh investors enjoy facilities similar to foreign investors
- Allowed to buy newly issued shares/debentures of Bangladeshi companies
- 10 percent reserved quota for non-resident Bangladeshis in primary shares (IPO)
- Foreign currency deposits in the Non-resident Foreign Currency (NFCD) account.
- Foreign Private Investment (Promotion & Protection) Act1980 ensures legal protection to foreign investment in Bangladesh against nationalization and expropriation.
- It also guarantees repatriation of capital and dividend and equitable treatment with local investors.
- Adequate protection is available for intellectual property rights, such as patents, designs & trademarks and copyrights.
Facilities and Incentives:
- Tax holiday 5-10 years depending on location of Industries.
- 15 years tax holiday for private power generation companies.
- Facilities for repatriation of invested capital, profit & dividend.
- Exemption of tax on interest on foreign loan.
- Tax exemption on royalties, technical know- how & technical assistance fees.
- Avoidance of double taxation on the basis of bilateral agreements.
Six month multiple