Price Monitoring of Dhaka Stock Exchange
On line Surveillance:
For detecting potential market abuses at a nascent stage to reduce ability of the market participants to unduly influence the price & volume of the scripts traded at DSE by accessing into orders & trades of members.
Off-Line Surveillance: Monitoring of
- High/Low difference in prices.
- Percentage change in prices over a week/fortnight/month.
- Top N scrip by Turnover a week/Fortnight/month.
- Trading in infrequently traded scrip.
- Scrip’s hitting new high/low price, etc.
Conducting in-depth investigations based preliminary enquiries/analysis of trading of the scrip. In Case of irregularities observed, necessary actions are initiated or investigation case is forwarded to SEC through the CEO, if necessary.
- Warning to member – verbal/written to members through the CEO are issued when market irregularities in the scrip are suspected
- Impositions of penalty/suspension – penalize or suspend the members through the CEO who are involved in market irregularities, based on the input/evidence available from investigation report.
- Liaising with Compliance Officers of companies to obtain comments of the company on various price sensitive corporate news items appearing in selected News Papers.
- Comments received from the companies are disseminated to the market by way of online news bulletin.
- Investigations based on rumor verifications are carried out, if required, to detect cases of suspected insider trading